Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation delivers a range of health and community development services to the Indigenous and wider community population across east Gippsland.
Established in 1992, Ramahyuck seeks to be recognised for its innovative approach to meeting community needs through responsive, professional and dedicated services, and through focussing on establishing a viable business enterprise.
Through its health clinics in Sale and Morwell and in collaboration with partners across the greater Gippsland region, Ramahyuck delivers programs aimed at:
- Providing comprehensive primary health care
- Ensuring a holistic approach to health through social and emotional wellbeing programs
- Implementing innovative community enterprise and engagement initiatives.
Ramahyuck has a proud history and acknowledges its founding members who had the foresight and vision to recognise community needs and advocate for the establishment of the organisation to advance the health are wellbeing of Indigenous people in the region.
With a continued commitment to the Koori community, and an ongoing expansion of services, Ramahyuck and its partners now deliver a suite of programs across the wider Gippsland region in primary health care, social and emotional wellbeing, and community enterprise and development.
Their current strategic focus on primary health care is delivered through the following key program areas:
- Gippsland Family Practice Clinic
- Nindedana Quaranook Central Gippsland GP Clinic
- Outreach Clinics
- Allied Health Program
- Aboriginal Health Promotion
- Midwifery Program
- Child and Family Support Program
- Gippsland Regional Hearing Program
- Oral Health.
Through their work in these program areas, they strive to achieve the following important outcomes for the community:
- Provide holistic and affordable care for the Indigenous community
- Offer a range of allied health services which meet the critical health needs of the community
- Increase clients and the wider community’s understanding of how to maintain good health and a healthy lifestyle
- Provide comprehensive range of maternal and child health services
- Improve maternal and infant child health outcomes in the community
- Improve hearing health outcomes within the community through an emphasis on early identification and intervention approaches
- Establish an oral health clinic that prioritises the needs of the community.
For more information on Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation visit their website.