2 red or green apples
2 teaspoons lemon juice
¾ medium cabbage
3 medium carrots, peeled
3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons low fat milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Chop apples, grate carrots and shred cabbage.
2. Toss apples in lemon juice to prevent browning.
3. Mix together mayonnaise, milk and sugar to form a dressing.
4. Mix together apples, carrots and cabbage in a large bowl.
5. Toss dressing through cabbage mix (spring onion, red or green capsicum or nuts may be added to vary this basic salad.)