Serve up these yummy fruit pops to the kids on a hot summers day for a healthy and delicious alternative to buying ice blocks. You’ll save money too. You can make these using a plastic ice block maker such as the one pictured but you don’t need it. Instead use a plastic cup and simply put a teaspoon in it. Just fill your cup to ¾ full. You can use any combination of fruit or fruit juices the kids like too.
Ingredients (makes 6 fruit pops)
2 x medium mangoes (use pulp or buy 1 can 400 gram of tinned mango in natural juice)
100ml pineapple juice
50ml lite coconut milk
1. Place all your ingredients into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
2. Pour liquid into level indicated on your ice block maker or to ¾ in plastic cups.
3. Put paddles (or your teaspoons) into the liquid
4. Put in a level surface into the freezer section of your refrigerator.
5. Remove from freezer and consume at hottest time of the day for a refreshing treat.