- 500 grams low-fat beef mince
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 small cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 packet powdered
- chicken-noodle soup
- 1 small can pineapple rings, diced
- 2 large cups flour
- Light canola oil, for shallow-frying
1. Place mince in a large bowl and use a spoon to break it up.
2. Add onion, tomatoes, celery, carrot, eggs, breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, soup and pineapple.
3. Use a large spoon to mix all the ingredients together.
4. Place the flour on a large plate.
5. Scoop up a large spoonful of the rissole mixture and make it into a patty. Roll and knead each patty in the flour to the desired size. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
6. Put a little bit of oil in the bottom of a medium frying pan. Cook rissoles over medium heat until cooked on each side.
7. Serve with some healthy vegetables or a yummy salad.